CharityWatch Analysts perform an in-depth analysis of charities' audited financial statements and IRS tax filings, and often review other documents such as state filings, annual reports, and fundraising contracts during their evaluations. Below are select notes that CharityWatch believes may be of interest to donors.
Any time an Analysts' Note refers to a charity's Audited Financial Statements or IRS tax form, CharityWatch encourages interested donors to obtain a copy of the referenced documents so that they may view the information in context. Please contact the charity directly to request a copy of any referenced document. Charity tax forms and audits may also be obtained from a number of online databases. For a list of sources, please visit our LINKS page.
|CharityWatch's rating of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention includes the financial activities of "the New York National Office and the Foundation's 85 unincorporated chapters," the accounts of which are included in the Foundation's audited financial statements for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017, according to Note 1 of the audit.|
|According to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention tax filing for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017 re: Compensation Information, the Foundation reports paying "non-fixed payments in the form of a bonus during the [calendar 2016] year" to the following individuals (IRS Form 990, Schedule J, Parts II & III):|
(1) Robert Gebbia, CEO -- $35,000, with reported total compensation of $442,004.
(2) Christine Moutier, CMO -- $10,000, with reported total compensation of $411,926.
(3) Daniel Killpack, CFO -- $5,000, with reported total compensation of $229,312.
(4) Michael Lamma, VP Field Mgt & Development -- $15,000, with reported total compensation of $272,764.
(5) John Madigan, VP Public Policy -- $5,000, with reported total compensation of $233,371.
(6) Stephanie Coggin, VP Communication -- $7,000, with reported total compensation of $209,688.
(7) Doreen Marshall, VP Programs -- $2,500, with reported total compensation of $190,959.
(8) Jill Harkavy-Friedman, VP Research -- $2,500, with reported total compensation of $162,614.
(9) Melanie Varady, Division Director -- $2,500, with reported total compensation of $162,595.