Our independent grade based
on a number of factors.
on a number of factors.
View similar charities
Ratings & Metrics
|Entity||Document Type||Tax ID|
|Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation & Subsidiaries||Audited Consolidated Financial Statements||Multiple|
|Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation||IRS Form 990||06-1504413|
Entity: Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation & Subsidiaries
Document Type: Audited Consolidated Financial Statements
Tax ID: Multiple
Entity: Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
Document Type: IRS Form 990
Tax ID: 06-1504413
Governance & Transparency
CharityWatch evaluates certain criteria related to a charity's Governance and Transparency. Donors may want to consider a charity's willingness to be open and transparent with CharityWatch to be a good litmus test for determining its commitment to public accountability.
|3||Kathy Giusti||Strategic Advisor||$327,754|
Name: Paul Giusti
Name: Robert Miani
Name: Kathy Giusti
Title: Strategic Advisor
CharityWatch Analysts perform an in-depth analysis of charities' audited financial statements and IRS tax filings, and often review other documents such as state filings, annual reports, and fundraising contracts during their evaluations. Below are select notes that CharityWatch believes may be of interest to donors.
|According to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) consolidated audit of December 31, 2017 (Note 3, Concentrations):
"In 2017 and 2016, one donor, who is a board member, contributed approximately $10,000,000 and $10,160,000 or 29% and 39% of contributions, respectively."
According to the MMRF consolidated audit of December 31, 2017 (Note 7, Related Party Transactions, Board of Directors):
"For the years ended December 31, 2017 and 2016, the MMRF received contributions from the members of the board of directors totaling approximately $10,500,000 or 30% and $10,225,000 or 39% of total contributions, respectively..."
|According to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) consolidated audit of December 31, 2017 (Note 2, Contributed Services), MMRF received donated services in 2017 on which it placed a total value of approximately $295,000.
[Note: CharityWatch generally excludes the value of in-kind (non-cash) donations of goods and services from its calculations of Program % and Cost to Raise $100. More information on how grades are calculated and the treatment of in-kind donations can be found on the Our Process page.]
|According to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) 2017 tax filing, MMRF reports re: Compensation, Supplemental Information (IRS Form 990, Schedule J, Part III):
Regarding nonfixed payments to officers, directors, trustees, key employees and highest compensated employees (Schedule J, Part I, Line 7):
"The following employees received a bonus from the organization. Each bonus was based on the discretion of the compensation committee of the board of directors. Each bonus was based upon a review of the individual's performance, and approved by the compensation committee prior to being awarded."
The employees, along with their reported bonus and total compensation amounts in 2017, are as follows (IRS Form 990, Schedule J, Parts II & III; Form 990, Part VII):
(1) Paul Giusti, President & CEO: $126,000, with reported total compensation of $555,435;
(2) Kathy Giusti, Founder & Strategic Advisor: $75,000, with reported total compensation of $327,754;
(3) Robert Miani, CFO: $79,700, with reported total compensation of $332,592;
(4) Karen Dietz, Secretary & In-House Counsel: $15,000, with reported total compensation of $165,068;
(5) Anne Quinn Young, Senior VP of Marketing: $25,000, with reported total compensation of $236,618;
(6) Daniel Auclair, Senior VP of Research: $25,000, with reported total compensation of $232,122;
(7) Laura Gilman, VP of Events: $15,000, with reported total compensation of $182,547;
(8) Alicia O'Neill, Director of Events Business Development & Partnerships: $12,000, with reported total compensation of $168,118;
(9) Karen Woolley, Clinical Operations Manager: $7,500, with reported total compensation of $144,787;
(10) Mary Derome, Director of Medical Communications & Education: $5,500, with reported total compensation of $141,278; and
(11) Margaret Furlong, Associate Director of Clinical Operations: $10,000, with reported total compensation of $165,337.